My client is a global financial services company, offering excellent career progression and large company benefits to their employees.
Acts as part of a team providing technical assistance with operating systems or subsystems on the hypervisor platform as well as to the customer base and support OS and applications.
Outlines systems software and/or hardware requirements and understands system specifications and/or customizations.
Participates in the design of subsystems and integration of total systems. Provides input in the direction, strategy and design to address solutions for operational and compliance efficiencies. This may include designing systems programming tasks required for installations, configurations, and upgrades as well as testing and/or developing workaround solutions to mitigate impact.
Write new documentation, departmental procedures and user support guides.
Consults with management, customers, staff and recommends process and procedure improvements.
Participate on project delivery and progression.
Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and administers the creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
• Effectively execute Virtualization service product offerings and communicate their value.
• Active participation in business development activities, e.g. communication, product awareness
• Identifies additional opportunities and best practices with clients.
• Assume responsibility/accountability for delivering entire components of a project.
• Understand the project “big picture” and the impact of different areas on the whole project.
• Evaluate/mentor business partners and team members on proper methodology, best practices, technology, and general consulting skills.
• Proactively seek to expand knowledge and supplement skills through appropriate use of books, manuals, and other self-study and point of need training.
• Provide support for complex technical issues and initiatives related to the VMware vSphere hosting platform. Assist operating system, databases and/or other technical products and services in a virtualized platform.
• Use diagnostic and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems
• Evaluate service level agreement criteria and identifies gaps in current technology process
• Participate in migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations and/or configurations
• Update/write documentation, procedures, and assists with related training;
• Participate in maintenance activities; maintains change or issue logs; analyzes performance trends and recommends process improvements;
• Understand quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and reviews changes for risk to production systems;
• Participate in testing and updating the business continuation plan
• Monitoring problem tracking system for assigned problems and follow procedures for resolution.
• Provide training for users, application owners, and others within the department on product related needs.
• Coordination with the other IT business partners in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Work with peers and business lines across different time zones.
• Experience supporting Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting with Dell and HP products.
• Experience working with VMware/Openstack/Puppet technology
• Microsoft Windows/Redhat Server operating system experience
• Storage Area Networking, Networking, NSX experience
• Knowledge and understanding of applications: architecture, design, business functions, interfaces, dependencies, processing windows, volumes
• Knowledge and understanding of technology server: side scripting (Powershell and/or Visual Basic)
As a reward for your commitment to this role you’ll be rewarded with an attractive package including competitive base salary, competitive pension, contribution towards healthcare and excellent flexible benefits.
Please contact Steve Latchford, Associate Director- Infrastructure & Security at Software Placements on +353 (0)1 525 4644 or +353 (0) 83 3505050 or please e-mail your C.V in Word format through the link provided.