This organisation store over 1 Petabyte of data, and add 2000 datapoints per second to their systems.
They are growing at an exponential rate and are seeking talented Performance Management Engineers ELK to join their Application Performance Management Team.
Day-to-day you will carry out setup and maintenance of our ELK stack & performance monitoring tools, Performance/Capacity Analysis, and will work with software engineers, quality engineers, software architects, product owners, and senior management to understand all issues that may affect the performance of the varied systems.
The APM team purpose is to make the invisible visible, to empower developers/engineers to see what effect their work has on an environment and to raise awareness of potential performance issues.
• ELK stack/Performance Monitoring tool Setup and maintenance
• Review performance test results, discover bottlenecks and suggest root cause.
• Diagnostic investigation, including additional testing, to discover root cause of performance issues.
• Work with development and operations teams to resolve production performance issues.
• Infrastructure, System and/or Software Performance and Capacity Analysis
• Load and Stress test Analysis
• Compile trending and projection data, together with recommendations for changes to the platform.
• Full SDLC involvement including review of design, development and testing activities for technical and capacity impact to the platform architecture.
• Work with stakeholders to help define business non-functional requirements for the Platform, focusing on understanding and documenting the business processes, performance and capacity requirements of those processes.
• Work with development and operations teams to performance tune key components of the platform.
• Monitor service level commitments, system key performance parameters, capacity models, incidents and problems to develop plans and propose changes to the environments.
• Good systems administration skills
• Experience working on Windows and Linux environments
• Experience with ELK stack setup and maintenance
• Knowledge of the .NET framework (ASP.NET, Web API, Windows Services, WCF)
• Amazon and Azure Cloud administration experience
• Excellent ability to partner with Architects, Developers, Systems Engineers and Database Administrators to collaboratively tune systems.
• Expert ability to dissect large amounts of data and identify potential issues.
• Excellent skills in summarizing large amount of metrics into meaningful graphs and reports.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, pro-active, and able to plan.
• Excellent, proven written and verbal communication skills required.
• Minimum of a BSc in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with Appdynamics performance monitoring tools
• Some experience with performance and load testing on high-volume, highly resilient and fault tolerant platforms
• Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimisation.
• Knowledge of SQL Server
• Experience with tools such as Load Runner, Performance Centre and Wireshark.
• Previous experience in SaaS based systems is a distinct advantage.
As a reward for your commitment to this role you’ll be rewarded with an attractive package including competitive base salary and excellent benefits.
Please contact Steve Latchford, Associate Director- Infrastructure & Security at Software Placements on +353 (0)1 525 4644 or +353 (0) 83 3505050 or please e-mail your C.V in Word format through the link provided.