How to Create a Standout Digital CV some advice from Software Placements
Did you know employers have from 5 to 7 seconds to look through your resume. So, is it possible to catch their eye within this time? The answer is yes thankfully. Here are some tips to ensure you do make an impression when it comes to catching the eye of your next potential employers.
Living in a new digital era, you need to get the most out of it. You are probably already using websites to find a job, learn about them online, and also be creating a great media resume online. A media resume is a great way to show your creativity and, therefore, get an interview invitation. You need to do your best to create a readable resume for potential employers looking to see who decides stands out from the crowd.
A good media resume should be:
- Logical and short
- With enhanced readability
- Using visual elements
Ask yourself the following questions
- Is it written in simple language?
- Does it have a unique template?
If you want to impress your future employer, you need to write down all benefits that you can offer. Here are some elements to include in your media resume:
- Personal data (name and surname, gender, birth date, contacts)
- Educational background
- Experience (recent job places if applicable)
- Skills (programs, languages, driver’s license, etc.)
If you don’t know what a good design is, use digital tools to compose your resume.
Here are some great tools you can use to improve the visual impact of your resume.
PowerPoint Presentation: Most people have experience in creating presentations. Thus, you can use this tool to create your resume. First of all, think about its view (colours, icons, information). Then try to create a draft and save it in .ppt and .pdf formats.
Canva: This tool helps people learn the art of design. Here you can find templates, layouts, and icons. Plus, you can download your images, so your media resume can be unique! Don’t forget that you can edit your resume, as it is important to add some new achievements you have.
Kinzaa: As soon as you sign up for this site, you will get a possibility to create your infographic resume online. Here you can add information about yourself, write down your achievements, skills, and experience to build a good visual resume.
If you are ready to create a good media resume, that’s great. However, read several tips we’ve collected for you.
- Pick up a high-quality headshot, and dressed in formal clothes
- Double check grammar and formatting, and then check it again!
- Ask somebody to proofread it – typos look really bad, and can be avoided by a second pair of eyes.
- Insert a hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile, and make sure that it is updated.
- Save your draft to edit it later, and have another look at it with a fresh perspective.
As soon as you have an outstanding up-to-date resume, you’ll take the first step toward a successful career and get beyond that first 7 second screening process.
Back To Blog Articles