This is a chance to join a leading technology company, experiencing exponential growth and scale.
Design and deployment of development, pre-production and production (private and public) cloud-based platforms.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in design and implementation at the large enterprise scale. They will be equally at home with installation and customization of Windows and Linux or BSD and the tools for automation on these platforms.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have a keen interest in the processes and technologies that enable secure continuous and effective deployment and on-going monitoring and tuning of cloud-hosted servers and services.
Automation is a key part of this role and familiarity with the tools of the software development, deployment and systems administration is necessary.
Key Skills and Experience:
· 4 + years’ experience in one of the following roles along with 2+ years in another; Commercial software development; Build and deployment to Private or Public Cloud – IaaS/PaaS; Cloud / data centre system or network administration/engineering.
· Proven engineering experience in network/systems solutions design and build.
· Strong scripting skills - PowerShell / Python / Bash.
· Experience with automated deployment of operating systems / virtual machines.
· Experience with deployment/config. automation tools (e.g. Kickstart/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
· Good network/system/software engineering skills.
· Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of documentation.
· Strong computer & network security knowledge.
· Degree in Computer Science or similar.
· Linux Server
· Windows Server (IIS, NLB, Certificate Authority)
· VMWare ESXi
· Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
· Systems and network security
· Previous experience in one of their roles in a Telecoms organisation.
· Deep understanding and familiarity with Virtualization technologies.
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment best practices.
· Good knowledge of network and systems hardware and how it translates in a virtualised environment.
· Knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure administration
As a reward for your commitment to this role you’ll be rewarded with an attractive package including competitive base salary and excellent benefits.
Please contact Steve Latchford, Associate Director- Infrastructure & Security at Software Placements on +353 (0)1 525 4644 or +353 (0) 83 3505050